Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fantasy Football: Where's LT?

After two weeks of fantasy football, my team is 2-0 and in first place in my league by a whole three points (230 points). This past Sunday's studs? Tom Brady (26 points), Jerricho Cotchery (16 points), and Kellen Winslow (16 points). They scored enough points to make up for the fact that LT did, well, almost nothing (5 points), and Seattle's defense also did, well, almost nothing (3 points). I ended up winning my match-up by a mere seven points because Brian Westbrook would not stop scoring points (15 points, just enough to make me sweat since I had thought that I had a comfortable lead going into the Monday night Eagles-Redskins game).

This scare made me take a closer look at my 1) defense and 2) my woeful bench. The Packers "D" is in, Seattle's is out. Brandon Jackson, Drew Bennett, Matt Jones, Chris Baker, and Dave Rayner? Waivers. Sammy Morris, Shaun McDonald, Joe Jurevicius, Matt Spaeth, and Nick Folk? Welcome to my bench.

Interesting observations:

1) Jake Delhomme (55 points) outscored Peyton Manning (47 points). But my husband still isn't starting Jake over Peyton.

2) I'd love to have the Jake Delhomme (55 points)-Steve Smith (50 points) duo on my team. I also wish the rest of the Panthers would step it up as well.

3) This Fantasy Football thing is way addictive.

No comments: